What Is the Best Dental School in Texas
There are many dental hugienist schools in Texas that will allow you to be educated and be skilled. If you want to learn about them, this page will help you that are why you need to read this to be informed on things you need to know.
Great Dental Schools Texas
- Houston Community College: It is a dental school in Texas that offering dental hygiene and assisting programs. The school is offering trainings in aspiring medical assistants, physical therapists, nurses, surgical technologists and physical therapist assistants. If you enroll dental assisting, you able to receive a certificate to let you complete it for a year that includes laboratory, clinical experiences and lectures that will train you in identifying control infections and blood-borne pathogens. Students will also learn about maintaining patient records. For dental hygiene, it is a two-year associate degree program including pre-requisites courses in physiology, anatomy, sociology and chemistry. Students must need to complete introductory coursework in radiology, dental nutrition, dental hygiene and periodontology.
- Lone Star College: The fact is that Lone Start College is the largest schools situated in Houston. It offers health sciences degrees and students who have an interest in dental assisting or dental hygiene programs have the chance to pursue their training at Kingwood campus. There are programs available such as health information technology, surgical technology and medical assisting. It is a Texas dental school offering two-year associate degree program. To be eligible, students must need to pass a background check as well as proof of immunizations. For prerequisite courses, it is physiology, sociology, anatomy, dental radiology, oral pathology, community dentistry and medical microbiology. Clinical experiences will also be provided to students.
- University of Texas Health Science Center: The school is offering a variety of graduate, undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. In fact, there are more than 14o students admitted to dental hygiene program. The good thing is that the university houses number of facilities that include laboratories, clinical simulation, learning center and clinical treatment centers. For students taking up dental hygiene certificate program they need to complete 34 hours of prerequisite coursework in subjects such as anatomy, nutrition, chemistry and microbiology. Students will learn on how to analyze and collect patient date, manage patient’s pain, formulate diagnoses and much more.
- Tarrant County College: The curriculum of the university combines classes in community and clinical rotations. Classes will be focus on dental materials, pharmacology, and hygiene practice and community dentistry. Students will learn on educating patients with the use or hygiene techniques.
- Texas Woman’s University: It is one of the few dental schools offering bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene. Students can choose from 2 options whether to study online or traditional. The program is offering free screenings for patients and is giving valuable hands of experience to students. The time you are accepted, you will able to expect to complete all the core for dental hygiene. The coursework includes dental hygiene care for patients, rich assessment, radiology and dental hygiene ethics.
Start to choose the perfect school for you and do not miss the chance to become part of them. Be aware that you will need to write a dental school personal statement. Study your options well and choose the right school today!