Best Dental Hygienist Schools in Texas
There are more than 26 dental hygienist schools in Texas and they are a good choice. If you want to study in Texas, you need to have ideas on what are the best schools you can choose from. Texas is a nice place to study and earning an education for dental hygiene because they are well known.
Best Texas Dental Schools
- Amarillo College: Amarillo college is located in Amarillo. The school offers a degree program of Dental Hygiene for students. Students must need to take licensure examination in the American Dental Association’s Joint Commission and the State Dentistry Examining Board. Students must also need to have an average of C. For students to graduate, they need to meet the grade of C. For general education courses, students can take major courses in medical terminology, pharmacology, dental hygiene and orofacial terminology.
- Austin Community College: It is a university of Texas dental school wherein enrollment is contingent and limited when students pass criminal background check. For prerequisite courses, it includes human physiology, chemistry, microbiology and human anatomy. For more courses, it includes preventive dental care, oral pathology and dental radiology. Getting into this university offers magnificent opportunities that are why you should not miss to check on it.
- Blinn College: Blinn College dental hygiene campus is located in Brenham. When it comes to their curriculum, it was designed in training students in recognizing, preventing and treating disease of mouth. Students will also learn on how they communicate with dentists and patients. They will have knowledge with reading x-rays and dental examinations. In order to be eligible for the program, students need to earn a grade of “C” or higher in such prerequisite like physiology, composition, biology and anatomy.
- Collin County Community College: Dental hygiene students of the university must need to meet license eligibility requirements being determined by State Board of Dental Examiners to be admitted in the program. Students must need to submit drug test as well as background checks in earning certification. For associate’s degree program, 72 credit is needed which include classes in preventive care, community dentistry, pharmacology, dental radiology and other classes. For associate degree program, the school offers associate of applied science in dental hygiene.
- Del Mar College: It is a commuter college with two main campuses in Texas. The dental hygiene program teaches their students about administering dental sealants, providing patients with oral preventive care and periodontal therapy. For curriculum, it combines dental hygiene theory classes with hands on practice on fellow students and mannequins. Students will also have the option in treating actual patients in specified clinics. They should expect to purchase instruments kits, uniforms, textbooks and dental supplies. If you are planning to take associate degree, the school is offering associate in applied science in dental hygiene schools in Ohio.
Many reasons and factors are needed to know before deciding to enroll in one university. Some students even ask personal statement writers for help. If you only want the best, aiming to meet your needs or exceed your expectation, exert some effort in checking out website of schools especially the schools listed above because it helps you to choose what university is the one for you.