Best Dental Hygiene Schools in Utah
Many dental hygiene schools in Utah are available to help you and further your education. There are many accelerated schools you can choose from. The schools in Utah allow their students to earn the degree that they need that is why you should do your best in knowing the top listed institutions.
Best Dental Schools in Utah
- Dixie University: It is a Utah dental school that offering an accredited associate’s degree as well as a bachelor’s degree. The associate degree of Dixie University has selective admittance and requirements need to submit together with the online application. The curriculum of dental hygiene of the school consists of hands of laboratory, clinical rotations and traditional classroom lectures. The bachelor’s program is being offered online and open to all dental hygienists. With them, students will learn about health administration, public health and research methodology.
- Salt Lake Community College: It is one of the best dental hygienist in Utah because it offers associate’s degree program and applicants must need to complete the prerequisites provided by them which include physiology, anatomy, nutrition, algebra and chemistry. Students will able to learn about dental materials, local anesthesia and radiology. The school is also offering magnificent clinical experiences.
- Utah Valley University: It is listed as one of the best dental assisting schools in Utah. The Utah Valley University is situated in Orem. They are offering bachelor’s degree and associate’s degree in dental hygiene in physiology, chemistry and anatomy. When it comes to technical courses, it includes community dental hygiene, pharmacology and dental materials.
- Weber State University: Weber State University is offering a three-year dental hygiene program that can lead to associate of science that is a four-year degree program. In the first year studies of students, they need to complete prerequisite courses such as physiology, chemistry, microbiology and anatomy. In their next two years, it consists of clinical dental hygiene training and traditional classes. Some of the major courses that cover the topics include periodontology, oral pathology and radiology. If you want to earn your bachelor’s degree in Utah, you can opt for this school because it is proven in providing the best.
- UCDH: The University is offering a dental hygiene program that can be completed with 122 credit hours. The curriculum of the school is structured into semester and each of it is equivalent to academic rigor. One credit hour equals 15 hours for lecture and 30 hours of study for laboratory, independent and clinical study components. The program is structured for students to pursue additional studies in enhancing their role as dental hygienists. Some of the disciplines are focused with clinical practice, public health, education, management, research advocacy and administration.
If you want to have the knowledge, skills and abilities to become a great dental school hygienist, choosing the right school is essential. With the listed universities above, you will never go wrong because those institutions in Utah are proven in delivering only the best education. You should think about dental school personal statement in advance. Lastly, getting a high quality of education is what you need to aim so start choosing the best school today!